We like to play catch-ball.
(1) Stand in a circle.
(2) Take a "talking piece", a toy or soft ball, and throw it randomly at one person.
(3) The person recommends something interesting to others, for example, a book she recently read, a movie she saw, a podcast she listened to, a theater play, an interesting article on the internet, or an art exhibition she saw recently, and then throws the ball to another person.
If a participant has nothing to recommend, try asking for example:
- "Have you been pleasantly surprised by anything lately?"
- "Do you collect anything?"
- "If you could pick up a new skill in an instant what would it be?"
Often we get meaningful and memorable responses from our team members and realize we have more in common than we thought.